Violent Crime Linkage Analysis System Centre
The RCMP developed the Violent Crime Linkage Analysis System (ViCLAS) in 1991. It helps police identify serial crimes and criminals by focusing on the linkages that exist among crimes committed by the same offender. Several countries US states have adopted the ViCLAS system.
The Alberta ViCLAS Centre supports:
- Alberta RCMP detachments;
- Nunavut RCMP detachments;
- the Northwest Territories RCMP detachments;
- all Alberta municipal police agencies (including Edmonton and Calgary police services); and
- the Department of National Defence.
- Date modified: