The Royal Canadian Mounted Police needs your help to name the next generation of police dogs.
The chosen names will be given to 13 German Shepherd puppies born at the Police Dog Service Training Centre in Innisfail, Alberta.
The 13 children whose names are selected will each receive a laminated 8×10-inch photo of the pup they named, a plush dog named Justice and an RCMP water bottle.
Contest rules are simple
- Names must begin with the letter "N"
- Names must have no more than 9 letters
- Names must be 1 or 2 syllables
- Contestants must live in Canada
- Contestants must be 4 to 14 years old
- Only 1 entry per child will be eligible
- Entries must be received by Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Contest winners and the winning names will be announced on Wednesday, April 29, 2020, on the RCMP website and social media.
There are 2 ways to enter
- Enter online: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/depot/name-the-puppy-contest
- Send a letter to the following address. Be sure to print the child's name, address, telephone number and the suggested name for a puppy.
Attn: "Name the Puppy Contest"
Police Dog Service Training Centre
Innisfail, AB T4G 1S8
We love to receive drawings and paintings! If submitting by mail, children are invited to get creative with their entries.
Winning names will be chosen by the PDSTC staff. A draw will determine the winning entry in the event of multiple submissions of the same puppy name.
Although there can be only 13 winners, names not selected for the contest will be considered for other puppies born during the year.
About the Police Dog Services Training Centre, Depot Division
The Police Dog Services Training Centre is home to the RCMP's national police dog training program and is part of RCMP Depot Division. The Centre has earned a great reputation for breeding top quality, working German Shepherds and for training dogs with outstanding searching and tracking abilities.