Careers with the Alberta RCMP - Experienced Police Officer Program
The Alberta RCMP is actively seeking experienced police officers from across Canada to join our ranks. There are many opportunities available to serve throughout Alberta, from the front lines as a General Duty member, to experienced investigators in specialized units. There is no other police service in Canada that provides the levels of services and variety offered by the RCMP.
With over 150 specializations, a career with the RCMP is full of opportunities for continued learning and growth, as well as the opportunity to pursue your specialization throughout your career.
Join the RCMP and explore how you can make a difference at a local and national level.
Benefits of joining the RCMP as an Experienced Police Officer
- Discretion - The process will be discreet and your current employer will not be contacted without your prior knowledge.
- Salary - As a Lateral Entry/Experienced Police Officer you will receive the same competitive benefits and pensions as all RCMP police officers. You will also receive a minimum rate of pay, based on a letter of employment from your current police agency employer.
Salary and benefits information
- Career Options - Your posting will be based on your career interests, future goals, previous police experience, and current operational needs. There are over 150 career specializations to choose from at the RCMP.
- Vacation - Your years of prior police service will be recognized for vacation entitlements upon proof of employment.
- Rank - If you are successful as a Lateral Entry/Experienced Police Officer you will be hired at the rank of Constable. Once you have completed a career total of seven years of policing experience, with a minimum of two years RCMP experience, you are entitled to apply for promotional opportunities.
Email RCMP.KEPOCoordinator-KPECoordonnateur.GRC@rcmp-grc.gc.ca to get started on the next chapter of your policing career.
- Date modified: