On July 20, 2023, members of the Red Deer Crime Reduction Team (CRT) were conducting proactive patrols in the city of Red Deer.
Members observed a reported stolen SUV being driven by a male.
With the assistance of Air Services, the vehicle was followed to a rural area where a tire deflation device was deployed.
Emergency Response Team assisted in bringing the vehicle to a halt and took the driver into custody.
A 42-year-old individual, a resident of Red Deer, was arrested and charged with the following:
- Operate a conveyance while prohibited
- Operate a motor vehicle while being pursued by a peace officer
- Operate a conveyance in a manner dangerous to the public
- Possess motor vehicle over $5000 obtained by a commission of an offence
- Obstructing a peace officer
- Willfully damage property over $5000
- Possess break and enter tools.
The individual was held for a judicial interim release hearing where he was remanded to Alberta Court of Justice in Red Deer on July 24, 2023.
Red Deer RCMP brought the file to conclusion safely, with the assistance and appreciation of a multi-agency response.