The Kings District RCMP have charged a 32-year-old man from Montague and seized a firearm as part of an ongoing investigation.
On January 5, 2023, at approximately 5:10 p.m., members of the Kings District RCMP responded to a report of uttering threats and pointing a firearm. Officers, learned of multiple people who had been threatened and they began a search of the area for the suspect. A short time later officers safely arrested a 32-year-old man and seized a loaded firearm from his vehicle.
Matthew Kenneth Langille of Montague, PEI has been charged with:
- Pointing a Firearm
- Careless Use of Firearm
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Uttering Threats Against a Person (3 counts)
- Uttering Threats Against Property
- Operation of a Conveyance While Impaired by Alcohol
- Operation of Conveyance – 80mg% or over
Langille was remanded into custody and will appear in Charlottetown Provincial Court on January 9 at 9:30 a.m.
The investigation is ongoing.