PEI RCMP applicants may now have the option to come back to PEI for their first post. By making PEI their first posting choice during training, and as long as positions are available, there may be an opportunity to come back to the Island. These positions will fill up quickly! To find out more email us at LDIV_Recruiting@rcmp-grc.gc.ca or apply online - RCMP Police Officer (cfp-psc.gc.ca)
- PEI RCMP, like other police forces, is growing and staff changes often create new opportunities for positions in PEI.
- To date these vacancies have largely been filled through transfers into the province from locations across Canada, but looking forward PEI RCMP are expanding recruitment efforts.
- Corporal Ellen Peters is leading our recruitment office and engages in virtual chats, and presentations with information on what to expect in the process of becoming an RCMP police officer.
- RCMP applicants applying from PEI may be posted back to PEI for their first policing assignment after graduation. There is no guarantee and it is subject to available positions, but PEI applicants can now choose PEI as their first choice of post.
- We are also recruiting experienced police officers from other police agencies, which is a great opportunity for those who want a change in their policing career.
"This will be a game changer for many people who always thought about joining the RCMP but didn't want to leave the Island. This is not a guarantee but an option if spots are available." – Cst Gavin Moore PEI RCMP Media Relations Officer.