Police saw a stolen car in Tignish; the driver was identified and fled the scene. He was later arrested, and stolen property was recovered.
On May 2, 2023, Prince District JFO officers were in Tignish around 1:00 pm when they saw a car that was stolen on April 30th in Carlton PEI. Officers identified the driver, and the driver fled the scene. Prince District RCMP later executed a search warrant at the driver's residence and recovered the stolen car, a stolen registration sticker and items stolen from the Alberton Community Pantry. Prince District RCMP have charged 37-year-old Justin Lloyd MacDonald with the following in relation to this investigation:
- Resisting arrest
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000 – the stolen car
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 – the stolen registration sticker
MacDonald is also facing charges on other investigations:
- Possession of property obtained by Crime in relation to a different stolen vehicle, stolen from Badeque between April 18to April 20. This vehicle was recovered in Alberton May 3, 2023
- Break enter and theft in relation to the Alberton Community Pantry on April 30, 2023, in Alberton
- Public Mischief (making a false report to police) and possession of a weapon (a bat) for a dangerous purpose in relation to events on February 16, 2023
MacDonald was held in custody and will appear in provincial court on May 4th at 13:30 in Summerside Provincial Court.
The Prince District JFO drug unit is comprised of members of the Prince District RCMP, Summerside Police Services, and Kensington Police Services.