On July 30, 2022 at approximately 4:45 a.m., Prince Albert RCMP received a report of a shooting on the Lac La Ronge Indian Band side of Little Red.
Investigation determined a vehicle approached another that was parked in a driveway of a residence. A firearm was discharged and two males in the parked vehicle were injured. The other vehicle fled. The victims were taken to hospital with injuries described as serious in nature.
As a result of investigation, 23-year-old Kade Patterson, 25-year-old Klay Patterson and 27-year-old Kein Patterson, all from Little Red, are each charged with:
- 2 counts, discharge firearm with intent, Section 244(b), Criminal Code
- 2 counts, assault with weapon, Section 267(a), Criminal Code
- 2 counts, aggravated assault, Section 268, Criminal Code
- 2 counts, unlawfully cause bodily harm, Section 269, Criminal Code
- 1 count, use a firearm during the commission of an offence, Section 85(1)(a), Criminal Code
- 1 count, careless use of a firearm, Section 86(1), Criminal Code
- 2 counts, point a firearm, Section 87, Criminal Code
- 1 count, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, Section 88, Criminal Code
- 1 count, possession of prohibited weapon, Section 91(2), Criminal Code
- 1 count, unlicensed possession of a prohibited weapon, Section 92(2), Criminal Code
- 1 count, unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle, Section 94, Criminal Code
- 1 count, possession of a prohibited weapon with ammunition, Section 95, Criminal Code
Kade Patterson, Klay Patterson and Kein Patterson were located and arrested by Waskesiu and Prince Albert RCMP on August 3, 2022. They will appear in Prince Albert Provincial Court on August 5, 2022.