On July 17, 2021 at approximately 3:30 p.m., Onion Lake RCMP received a report that a firearm was found at a security checkpoint at an event on Onion Lake Cree Nation.
Security personnel, in the course of their checkpoint duties, located a bag with a semi-automatic firearm and ammunition in it. The security personnel called RCMP to report the firearm.
Investigation determined the bag belonged to a male who was then located and arrested at a residence on Onion Lake Cree Nation. The male was on multiple outstanding arrest warrants from Alberta and was prohibited from possessing a firearm. He is also a court-designated dangerous offender.
As a result, Robin Wuttunee of North Battleford, SK is charged with:
- 3 counts, fail to comply with release order, Section 145(5)(a), Criminal Code
- 1 count, carry concealed weapon, Section 90(2), Criminal Code
- 2 counts, possession of a firearm/ammunition in a motor vehicle, Section 94(2), Criminal Code
- 1 count, unsafe storage of a firearm, Section 86(2), Criminal Code
- 1 count, unauthorized possession of a restricted/prohibited weapon with ammunition, Section 95(2), Criminal Code
- 1 count, unauthorized possession of a firearm, Section 92(1), Criminal Code
- 1 count, authorized possession of a prohibited device, Section 92(2), Criminal Code
- 5 counts, possession firearm contrary to prohibition order
Wuttunee is scheduled to appear in court on July 19, 2021.