On Nov. 17, 2019, Blaine Lake RCMP received information on possible fraud and identity theft. A search warrant was issued later that evening on a residence in Blaine Lake, SK.
A search of the residence resulted in the seizure of the following items:
- 144 personal identification cards, with the majority of them being Saskatchewan driver's licenses and health cards;
- 200 stolen cheques;
- stolen tools; and
- a small amount of what is believed to be crystal meth.
Latecia Juba-Arcand (DOB: 1992-08-07) of Blaine Lake, SK, was arrested and is facing the following charges:
- Assault Causing Bodily Harm, contrary to Sec. 267(b) of the Criminal Code;
- Identity Theft, contrary to Sec. 402.2(1) of the Criminal Code;
- Fraud, contrary to Sec. 380(1) of the Criminal Code;
- Forgery, contrary to Sec. 367 of the Criminal Code;
- Possession of Stolen Property Obtained by Crime, contrary to Sec. 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code; and
- Possession of a Controlled Substance, contrary to Sec. 4(1) of the Criminal Code.
Juba-Arcand was remanded into custody and appeared in Provincial Court in Saskatoon on Nov. 19, 2019.