Fentanyl seized in 2016
The RCMP is implementing a national investigative strategy that targets fentanyl importers, distributors, manufacturers and traffickers to disrupt, dismantle and prosecute international criminal groups.
- Two industrial pill presses, as well as a large number of pills laced with fentanyl were seized in two clandestine drug laboratories in West Kelowna. As a result, four people were arrested.
- Two people were arrested in Nanaimo following the seizure of approximately one ounce of suspected fentanyl.
- West Shore RCMP also arrested two people for possession of drugs, including fentanyl.
- Two people were arrested and charged for drug trafficking following a joint investigation between the Kitimat and Prince Rupert RCMP. As a result of the arrest, police seized over 1,200 tablets containing heroin and fentanyl.
- Vancouver Island RCMP seized 1 kg of fentanyl during a routine traffic stop. The investigation is continuing.
- Package of Furanyl-fentanyl from China was intercepted at the Vancouver International Mail Centre.
- As part of Project Green Manalishi, a lengthy and complex investigation targeting the trafficking of fentanyl and other drugs in the Northwest Territories, a total of 19 people have been charged.
- A person was charged with importing, trafficking and possession of an illegal substance after furanylfentanyl was seized at a Yellowknife residence.
- 1 kg of carfentanil from China was seized by the Canada Border Services Agency in Vancouver. A man was arrested and charged by Calgary RCMP.
- As part of Project DECAL, Oakbank RCMP arrested and charged eight people for the producing illegal pills containing fentanyl.
- RCMP Greater Toronto Area Serious and Organized Crime at Toronto Airport Detachment arrested a Brampton resident for illegally importing approximately 513 grams of powdered fentanyl.
- Canada Border Services Agency officers at Montréal-Mirabel International Airport intercepted 209 grams of carfentanil in two packages from China. The carfentanil was turned over to the RCMP and the investigation is continuing.
- RCMP South Shore Integrated Street Crime Enforcement Unit charged a man for possession of fentanyl and other drugs following the search of a home in Bayswater.
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Eight members and two associates of the Vikings Motorcycle Club, an Outlaw Motorcycle Gang were arrested and charged as part of Project BOMBARD, including for trafficking fentanyl.
- Date modified: