Assistant Commissioner Jane MacLatchy
Originally from Nova Scotia, Assistant Commissioner Jane MacLatchy spent her late teenage years in Ontario. She graduated from Carleton University with a Bachelor of Science in Biology. In 1988, she fulfilled a childhood dream when she was sworn in as a regular member of the RCMP. After training, she was assigned to general duty in Prince George, BC.
Since then, Assistant Commissioner MacLatchy’s many postings have taken her across the country and have included:
- General Duty policing
- The Musical Ride
- Executive Protection
- Immigration/Passport & War Crimes investigations
- Major Events Security
- Federal Security Coordinator for the Vancouver 2010 Olympics and Paralympic Winter Games
- North West Regional Ethics Officer, Saskatchewan
- Officer in Charge, Crime Prevention/Crime Reduction for F Division, Saskatchewan
- Executive Officer Development and Resourcing
- Director of the Parliamentary Protective Service, Ottawa
- Commanding Officer, RCMP D Division, Manitoba
A career filled with unique opportunities
While with the Major Events Section, Assistant Commissioner MacLatchy served as a Security Liaison Officer embedded with Team Canada for the:
- 2004 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games in Athens
- 2006 Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games in Torino
- 2007 Pan American Games in Rio de Janeiro
- 2008 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games in Beijing
During her time in Saskatchewan, she served as the Division Security Officer. She ensured the safety of the Governor General and the Prime Minister for many visits. She has over 32 years of service in the RCMP and is now posted as the Commanding Officer in Manitoba where she is very pleased to be working alongside the outstanding members of D Division.
Assistant Commissioner MacLatchy is a dog lover with three rescue dogs taking up couch space alongside her and her husband at their home in Winnipeg. She is grandmother to a 6-year-old grandson who lives in Toronto whom she misses dearly.
- Date modified: