On March 30, 2023, Alberta RCMP Traffic-Vermilion, with the assistance of Vermilion RCMP, Eastern Alberta District Crime Reduction Unit, and Alberta RCMP Auto Theft-North, conducted a search warrant on a rural property in Vermilion River County. One subject was located on the property and arrested.
The following stolen vehicles were recovered:
- 2000 Dodge Dakota;
- Chassis of a 2018 Dodge Ram 1500;
- 1994 Ford Ranger;
- 2004 Honda TRX 450 ATV;
- 2006 Honda VT75 Motorcycle; and
- 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer.
Additionally, the following notable items were seized:
- .22 calibre rifle;
- 12-gauge shotgun; and
- Over 164 grams of illicit Cannabis.
A 31-year-old individual and a 26-year-old individual, both residents of Vermilion River County, have been jointly charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under or Over $5000.00 x3
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of Illicit Cannabis
- Possession of greater than 200 but less than 1200 cigarettes Tobacco Tax Act)
The 31-year-old individual has also been charged with:
- Possession of a Firearm Contrary to an Order
The 26-year-old individual has also been charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under or Over $5000.00 x2
- Transporting Cannabis in an Open Container within Reach of an Occupant of a Motor Vehicle
The 31-year-old individual was remanded in custody and is set to appear at Alberta Court of Justice in Vermilion on April 17, 2023. The 26-year-old individual was released with conditions and is also set to appear in Vermilion on April 17, 2023.
RCMP Traffic Services is committed to enhancing public safety by reducing harm and hazardous behaviours on Alberta roadways through strategic partnerships, enforcement, education and crime reduction initiatives.