Between January 20 and 23, RCMP officers responded to 19 collisions across Prince Edward Island. From Souris to Woodstock, many weather related collisions occurred. Approximately half of the collisions occurred on Friday with only two occurring on Monday, the day of a snowstorm. There were no reports of serious injuries and one person was taken to hospital.
- The majority were single vehicle collisions.
- Most collisions were weather related.
- One was a parking lot incident.
- One was as a result of failing to stop at a stop sign and a Summary Offence Ticket was issued.
- One incident involved people being stuck in their vehicle, North Shore Fire Service assisted and the people were rescued and uninjured.
The RCMP continues to remind Islanders to drive according to road conditions, this is especially important when conditions are changing and snow and ice are forming on the roads.