Do you suspect illegal drug activity in your neighbourhood? Does a drug dealer live on your street? The RCMP-RNC Joint Forces Operation West (JFO West) is eager to hear from you.
Have you noticed …
- An unusual amount of foot traffic and/or vehicle traffic to and from a particular home?
- Frequent and unusual traffic patterns to a residence (coming and going all hours of the day or night)?
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia located around the property, such as needles, small baggies etc?
- An increase in criminal activity?
- Threats or intimidation tactics?
- Someone living beyond their means without being gainfully employed?
- An exchange of small packages for cash during brief interactions?
If you are a resident on the province's west coast and you suspect there is drug trafficking in your neighbourhood, JFO West wants to talk with you. You can remain anonymous while speaking directly with a police officer by contacting the JFO West designated drug line at (709) 637-4221.
Residents in other areas of the province are encouraged to contact their local police detachment to report illegal drug activities.
JFO West, which includes dedicated police officers from both the RCMP and RNC, targets drug trafficking and organized crime on the west coast of the province.