The RCMP is now accepting applications to its Family Violence Initiative Fund (FVIF). The objective of the fund is to help communities respond to relationship and family violence and victim issues. Non-profit organizations and municipal, provincial and territorial partners who have a related mandate can apply by March 11, 2022.
The FVIF supports initiatives that promote awareness of relationship violence, assist survivors, and support crime prevention. It is an opportunity for community organizations to get funding for their projects, collaborate with their local RCMP detachment, and contribute to making our communities safer.
- The RCMP has a mandate to support the prevention of relationship violence, to engage with victims, and to collaborate with support agencies.
- The RCMP is a partner to the Government of Canada's Family Violence Initiative and receives funding under the RCMP FVIF.
- The fund has supported projects such as classroom programs for teens about personal and social skills, and the development of awareness materials about local support services.
- The deadline to apply to the 2022–23 FVIF is March 11, 2022.
- To request an application form, send an email to RCMP.FVIF-IFMVF.GRC@rcmp-grc.gc.ca.