The RCMP is seeking motivated team players who are strong communicators, enjoy working with diverse communities, are physically fit and possess strong leadership abilities. The RCMP offers an exceptional career with opportunities to make a real difference in local communities and on the national and international stage. No other police force in Canada provides the levels of services and variety offered by the RCMP, as well as opportunities for continued learning and growth.
In addition to its regular recruiting of those new to policing, the RCMP is now encouraging applications from Experienced Police Officers.
To be eligible for the Experienced Police Officer Program, you must:
- Have a minimum of two years full-time Canadian police service employment or equivalent; [Equivalent is defined as any police service employment (full-time or part-time) that amounts to a total of 2 years' full-time police service employment];
- Have graduated from a police training program at a recognized Canadian police training institution (Canadian Armed Forces Military Police must have successfully completed the basic police training - Qualification Level 3 - after January 1, 2001);
- Meet all qualifications and requirements of a Regular Member applicant;
- Meet the minimum level for the nine required general duty competencies;
- Be willing to work anywhere with Canada; and
- Must be actively serving or inactive within the last three years.
Learn more here: https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/experienced-police-officers
Mobility is an integral part of a career in the RCMP and, as such, you and your family (if applicable), must be willing to relocate anywhere within Canada. The RCMP serves communities across the country and our police officers are expected to be mobile to access exciting career opportunities, gain a variety of experience and to meet the operational needs of the organization.
See the Backgrounder for further details. You may also go to https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/police-officer-careers for more information or contact NLRecruiting@rcmp-grc.gc.ca.