On November 23, 2021, RCMP officers from the Carlyle Detachment and Saskatchewan RCMP's Regina Crime Reduction Team executed a search warrant on Charles Street in Kisbey, SK.
Officers located and seized a loaded restricted firearm that had been reported as stolen, 52 grams of cocaine packaged in small bags and a sum of cash.
Two males and one female were arrested without incident at the residence.
Demitrius Standingready of Kisbey, SK, Jordan Desjarlais of Regina, SK and Kiera Shingoose of Kisbey, SK are each charged with:
- 1 count, possession for the purpose of trafficking, Section 5(2), Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
- 1 count, possession of stolen property, Section 354(1), Criminal Code
- 1 count, possession of a weapon with readily accessible ammunition, Section 95, Criminal Code
- 1 count, unauthorized possession of a firearm, Section 91(1), Criminal Code
- 1 count, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, Section 88, Criminal Code
- 1 count, careless storage of a firearm, Section 86(2), Criminal Code
In addition, Demitrius Standingready was charged with two counts of breach of release order, Section 145(5), Criminal Code. Jordan Desjarlais was charged with five counts of breach of a release order, Section 145(5), Criminal Code and one count, obstruct peace officer, Section 129, Criminal Code.
Demitrius Standingready and Jordan Desjarlais will appear in Estevan Provincial Court on November 25, 2021. Kiera Shingoose will appear in Carlyle Provincial Court on December 22, 2021.