The St. Albert RCMP Crime Reduction Unit (CRU) has been monitoring a federal parolee residing in St. Albert since Oct. of 2020. The parolee was on statutory release for a drug trafficking conviction. St. Albert CRU learned that the parolee began selling illegal drugs again, which lead to a new investigation.
On June 17, 2021, St. Albert CRU with the assistance of St. Albert Drug Unit and St. Albert Traffic Services executed a Controlled Drugs and Substance search warrant at an apartment in St. Albert. During the search, police located and seized the following items:
- Approximately 381 grams of methamphetamine
- Approximately 284 grams of cocaine
- Approximately 65 grams of fentanyl
- Approximately 1.5 l of GHB.
- Approximately 1.72 kilograms of a buffing agent
- A loaded stolen sawed off shotgun
- A loaded Kel Tec 9mm folding carbine
The approximate street value of the drugs seized was substantial.
As a result of the investigation and search, a 41-year-old male of St. Albert was arrested and charged with the following:
- Possession of Controlled Substance for Purpose of Trafficking
- Numerous Weapon Offences
The 41-year-old male's parole has been suspended, and he was remanded into custody, and his next court appearance is June 28, 2021. in St. Albert for his new charges.