The RCMP in Prince Edward Island are currently seeking volunteers for their Chaplaincy Program. Chaplains are able to bring a sense of stability and the reassurance of spiritual strength during difficult situations. This is especially crucial in the care for first responders. Chaplains also offer vital support for community members who suffer loss. The program is a non-denominational support system.
To meet RCMP suitability requirements, a Chaplain must:
- have a mature and responsible attitude;
- be dedicated and conscientiousness in the role of Chaplain;
- demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- be able to recognize and accept their limitations and the parameters of the program;
- meet RCMP security screening requirements;
- reside in Prince Edward Island, Canada;
- have no business or employment conflict of interest; and
- have written permission from their current place of worship to provide volunteer Chaplaincy services to the RCMP.
TO APPLY: Send your resume, outlining your qualifications for the RCMP Chaplaincy Program, and a written permission letter from your current place of worship, to Staff Sergeant Beryl Lewis at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org