Kings District RCMP has charged a 21-year-old man following a report of shots fired in North Kentville on July 24.
At 5:40 p.m. on July 24, Kings District RCMP responded to a 911 call of shots fired where two men got out of their vehicles and were fighting on Gracie Dr. Upon arrival, both men had fled, but officers learned that during the altercation one man had a gun and a gunshot was heard. Officers located one of the men a short distance away from the scene.
On July 26, members from the Halifax Regional Police Central Patrol Division and General Investigative Section arrested the second man, a 21-year-old from Halifax, without incident and turned him over to Kings District RCMP. Stephen Derez Brown–Beals remains in custody and is scheduled to appear today in Windsor Provincial Court to face the following charges:
- Discharging a Firearm with Intent
- Pointing a Firearm
- Careless Use of a Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- Possession of a Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Unauthorized Possession of Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Uttering Threats x 3
No one was injured during the altercation. The investigation is ongoing.
File # 20211081846