Yellowknife RCMP General Investigation Section (GIS), with support from General Duty Members, have been following through on multiple investigations which have resulted in the removal of drugs and a restricted weapon from the streets of Yellowknife. Further support from NT RCMP Police Dog Services was also provided.
- On March 17, 2021 a male youth from Edmonton was arrested with approximately 21 grams of crack cocaine. The male is charged with:
- CDSA 5(2) Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking – Schedule 1: Cocaine
- On March 18, 2021 a search warrant was executed at a residence on Bigelow Crescent. A restricted weapon and ammunition were seized and the investigation is ongoing.
- On March 19, 2021 Farhan Hussein (31) was arrested and charged with:
- CDSA 5(1) Trafficking – Schedule 1: Cocaine
- CC 354(1)(a) Possession of Property of obtained by crime over $5000
- CC 145 (4)(a) Fail to comply with undertaking condition
The youth cannot be named under the Youth Criminal Justice Act. As these investigations are ongoing and/or before the courts, further details are not available at this time.
"The results of these investigations is the removal of a restricted weapon and ammunition, illicit drugs and cash believed to be profits of crime, which interrupts the cycle of further illegal activity. The work of GIS, and Yellowknife RCMP continues towards reducing the harm of illicit drugs and illegal drug activity. Yellowknife RCMP is committed to investigating illegal drug activity in the city we serve" states Sergeant Byron Donovan, Operations Manager, Yellowknife RCMP.
RCMP ask anyone with information about these incidents, other crimes or suspicious activities in the Yellowknife area, to please contact the Yellowknife RCMP at 867-669-1111 or contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, or text: nwtnutips to 274637.