Thirty-four-year-old Matthew Scott of Marysvale, who was wanted on warrants by both the RCMP and the RNC, is facing multiple firearms charges after RCMP arrested him yesterday. Police officers from Bay Roberts, Harbour Grace and Holyrood Detachments, as well as General Investigation Section East, RCMP negotiators, Police Dog Services and the RCMP Emergency Response Team, were in Marysvale yesterday to take Scott into custody. He was arrested late yesterday afternoon.
He appears in court in Harbour Grace today, with charges including the following:
- Unlawful possession of a firearm;
- Careless storage of a firearm and ammunition;
- Operating a motor vehicle while prohibited from doing so;
- Violating multiple court-ordered conditions in relation to previous charges of break and enter with intent, assault with a weapon and aggravated assault; and
- Failure to comply with outstanding arrest warrants
RCMP NL continues to fulfill its mandate to protect public safety, enforce the law, and ensure the delivery of priority policing services in Newfoundland and Labrador.