On July 7, 2021, Cumberland House, Nipawin and Saskatoon RCMP officers executed a search warrant at a residence on Cumberland House Cree Nation.
As a result, 37 grams of methamphetamine, a modified firearm, ammunition, a sum of cash and drug trafficking paraphernalia were seized.
William Dorion of Cumberland House Cree Nation is charged with:
- 1 count, possession for the purpose of trafficking (methamphetamine), Section 5(2), Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- 1 count, possession of property obtained by crime less than or equal $5,000, Section 354(1)(a), Criminal Code
- 1 count, careless use of a firearm, Section 86(1), Criminal Code
- 1 count, fail to comply with probation order, Section 733.1(1), Criminal Code
- 1 count, breach of recognizance, Section 811, Criminal Code
- 1 count, possess weapon contrary to surrender order, Section 117.01(3), Criminal Code
- 1 count, tampering with serial number of firearm, Section 108(2), Criminal Code
- 1 count, unauthorized possession of firearm, Section 92(3)(a), Criminal Code
- 1 count, unregistered possession of a restricted firearm/prohibited weapon with ammunition, Section 95(2), Criminal Code.
He has appeared in court and his next appearance is on July 20, 2021.