Following a lengthy investigation by Bay Roberts RCMP, 21-year-old Austin Dixon of Makinsons was arrested on October 8, 2021, and is charged with a number of sexual offences against multiple youth.
Dixon is charged with the following offences:
- Seven counts of luring a child
- Five counts of making sexually explicit material available to a child
- Two counts of harassing communications
- Two counts of sexual interference
- Two counts of sexual assault
- Two counts of making child pornography
- Two counts of possessing child pornography
- Two counts of extortion
- Two counts of sexual exploitation
- Forcible confinement
- Invitation to sexual touching
He was held in custody over the weekend, attended court on October 12, 2021, for the purpose of a bail hearing, and was released on a number of conditions.
Bay Roberts RCMP suspects that there may be additional victims. RCMP NL encourages all victims of sexual assault to please make a report to their local detachment.