The morning of June 27th, Whitehorse RCMP bike unit officers arrested a woman for drug-related offences. Upon search, the woman was found to be in possession of:
- An amount of suspected cocaine;
- An amount of suspected heroin;
- An amount of suspected fentanyl;
- Prescription pills;
- Cell phones.
Janet Richards, 31, was arrested and charged with:
- 6 counts of Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA);
- 1 count of Possession of Stolen Property under $5000 under the Criminal Code (CC);
- 1 count of Fail to Comply under the CC.
Richards appeared in court on June 29th and was remanded into custody.