On January 6, 2020, "F" Division Roving Traffic Unit, together with Saskatchewan Highway Patrol, were conducting enforcement on Highway #16 near Maidstone. A westbound vehicle was stopped under the Traffic Safety Act.
As a result of the stop, a loaded handgun and approximately $10,000.00 in Canadian currency was seized. The passenger, 24-year-old Mahdi Mahdi from Regina, Sask., was arrested and charged with:
- Obstruction, section 129(a) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000.00, section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Failing to comply with a condition of an undertaking x 2, section 145(3) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose Section 88(2) CC
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon Sec 90(2) CC
- Possession of a firearm weapon with ammo without licence/registration Sec 95(2) CC
- Careless use of a Firearm Sec 86(1) CC
- Possession of a firearm when knowing possession is unauthorized Sec 93(2)(a) CC
- Possession of a firearm with a tampered serial number Sec 108(2) CC
- Possession of a firearm ammunition in a motor vehicle Sec 94(2) CC
- Weapons possession contrary to order and fail to surrender authorization x 2 Sec 117.01(3) CC
He He has been remanded into custody until January 21st, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. in Regina Provincial Court.