On Oct. 30, 2020, Drumheller RCMP Traffic Unit conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle. Further investigation found the driver and two other occupants to be in possession of a controlled substance. With assistance from the Drumheller RCMP Crime Reduction Unit, all three occupants were arrested. A search of the vehicle incident to arrest produced substances believed to be cocaine, meth, and fentanyl. A large amount of cash and drug trafficking paraphernalia were also located.
A 55-year-old male of Hanna, Alta. is charged with:
- Possession of methamphetamine contrary to s. 4(1) CDSA
- Possession of fentanyl contrary to s. 4(1) CDSA
- Obstructing a peace officer s. 129(a) CC
- Identity Fraud s. 403 CC
A 39-year-old male of Drumheller, Alta. is charged with:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking cocaine contrary to s. 5(2) CDSA
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking fentanyl contrary to s. 5(2) CDSA
- Failure to comply with release order contrary to s. 145 (5)(a) CC
The 55-year-old male and the 39-year-old male were released on Undertakings and are scheduled to appear in Drumheller Provincial Court on Dec. 18, 2020. The third male was released without charges.