On Oct. 23, 2020 the Airdrie RCMP Crime Reduction Unit, with assistance from Calgary Police Service and the CPS Tactical team, executed a search warrant on a residence in the Tuscany neighbourhood in North West Calgary. The search warrant was the result of an investigation into the direct supply chain of illegal drugs into the city of Airdrie.
A large amount of drugs was seized from the residence, an approximate street value of $100,000, including:
- 1.5 kilograms of Alprazolam (Xanax)
- 90.1 grams carfenanil
- 33.9 grams fentanyl
- 109.8 grams methamphetamine
- 15.1 grams of psilocybin (magic mushrooms)
- 33.5 grams of heroine
- 48.7 grams of crack/cocaine
- 1750 millilitres (approximately) of gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB)
- 101.6 grams of oxycodone
Members also seized:
- Canadian currency
- a fully automatic .22 Rifle with silencer
- a loaded 12 gauge shot gun
- a loaded sawed off shot gun
- 2 unpinned magazines
- Body armour
A 25-year-old female and a 24-year-old male, both of Calgary, Alta., are facing numerous charges, some of which include: 8 counts of possession for the purpose of trafficking, possess a loaded firearm, and 3 charges under the body armour control act. Additionally, the 24-year-old male was charged with 3 counts of breaching a release order.
The 25-year-old female was released on cash bail to appear in Airdrie Provincial Court on Nov. 27, 2020. The 24-year-old male remains in custody and will be appearing in Airdrie Provincial Court Nov. 4, 2020.