Members of the Saskatoon Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit (CFSEU), with the assistance of the SPS Tactical Support Unit, Saskatchewan RCMP Emergency Response Team, Saskatchewan RCMP North Battleford Crime Reduction Team, SPS Drug Unit, SPS Special Investigations Unit, SPS Technological Crimes Unit, SPS Break and Enter Section, Saskatoon NWEST, Warman and Saskatoon RCMP Detachments, Federal Serious and Organized Crime Section, and SPS Patrol, have completed an investigation into a four-month long project into illegal cannabis and derivative trafficking and Proceeds of Crime investigation.
On Dec. 15, 2019, search warrants were executed at three locations in Saskatoon: the 2400 block of Hanover Avenue; the 400 block of Pendygrasse Road; and a storage locker facility on the 3000 block of 11th Street West. An additional search warrant was executed at an acreage west of Saskatoon in the Grandora area.
As a result of the four search warrants executed, the following items were seized:
- 232,043 grams cannabis (roughly equates to over 928,172 average-sized joints)
- 4871 grams shatter (cannabis concentrate)
- 2045 THC Oil Vape Pens (1 gram each)
- 501.9 grams Psilocybin
- Approximately $4,600 cash
- Three vehicles, boat and trailer, two recreational vehicles and riding mower
- Smith & Wesson .40 calibre pistol (restricted firearm)
- Two stun guns
- Three loaded magazines
- .40 calibre Ammunition
A 44-year-old male and a 22-year-old female were arrested at the Grandora acreage location.
The 44-year-old male is facing the following charges:
- Possession of Cannabis for the Purpose of Selling it without being authorized, Sec. 10(2) of the Cannabis Act;
- Possession of Cannabis for the Purpose of Distribution, Sec. 9(1)(a)(i) of the Cannabis Act;
- Possession of Illicit Cannabis For the Purpose of Distribution, Sec. 9(1)(a)(iv) of the Cannabis Act;
- 5 counts of Trafficking in Property Obtained by Crime, Sec. 355.2 of the Criminal Code;
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking in Psilocybin (Schedule III) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act;
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime Over $5000, Sec. 354(a)/355(a) of the Criminal Code; and
- Breach of Probation, Sec. 733.1 of the Criminal Code.
The 22-year-old female is facing the following charges:
- Possession of Cannabis for the Purpose of Selling it without being authorized Sec. 10(2) of the Cannabis Act;
- Possession of Cannabis for the Purpose of Distribution Sec. 9(1)(a)(i) of the Cannabis Act; and
- Possession of Illicit Cannabis for the Purpose of Distribution Sec. 9(1)(a)(iv) of the Cannabis Act.
CFSEU is funded by the Government of Saskatchewan through the Ministry of Justice, Corrections and Policing. CFSEU is an investigative body comprised of personnel from partner agencies from the Saskatoon Police Service, Prince Albert Police Service, Regina Police Service and the Saskatchewan RCMP. The mandate of CFSEU is to expose, investigate, disrupt, dismantle and prosecute organized crime enterprises.