Canadian Sunset Ceremonies
In our ongoing efforts to help control the spread of COVID-19, we have taken the decision to cancel this year's ceremonies. Health and safety of Canadians, our employees and our horses remains our top priority and we will continue to follow the guidance of our local and provincial health authorities. Please continue to check back here for updates on next years' event.
What better way to celebrate being Canadian than by attending our Canadian Sunset Ceremonies in the nation's capital? At this annual event, we thank the community for its support and offer visitors a chance to see a performance by the world famous Musical Ride.
As the sun sets, the silhouetted Mounties of the Musical Ride line up to take part in the flag lowering ceremony. The entire audience also takes part in the singing of our national anthem. This truly unique Canadian experience can't be missed.
Before you head to the show, here are some things you need to know:
- Admission and parking are free
- Please arrive early to get a spot in the designated viewing area, as there is limited space
- Accessible parking is available on a first come, first served basis, as there is limited space
- If we need to cancel due to extreme weather, we will post information on our website and on our National Division Facebook and Twitter accounts by 5 pm
- This is an outdoor event and there is no seating, but you're welcome to bring a blanket or lawn chair to enjoy the show
- Food vendors will be on site and you can purchase water at the show, but we encourage you to bring your own water
- We do not allow pets on the grounds during the evening events
- Service animals are permitted
Musical Ride Centre
RCMP Rockcliffe Stables
1 Sandridge Road
Free parking directly off the Sir George-Étienne-Cartier Parkway (former Rockcliffe Parkway).
Accessible by OC Transpo Route #7.
- Date modified: