Liaison officers and analysts
China: Beijing, Hong Kong
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
New Delhi, India
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Pretoria, South Africa
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
USA: Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Washington, D.C.
The Hague, Netherlands
Deployed to 26 countries, liaison officers (LOs) and analysts deployed overseas (ADOs) work in strategic locations around the world. They act as the link between law enforcement agencies in Canada and in their host country. Being posted around the world allows LOs and ADOs to share best practices and to communicate the RCMP's mission, vision and values.
When the RCMP engages another country in pursuing major investigations, LOs can help. They use their knowledge of the host country to support domestic and international partners. While they play a significant role in Canadian investigations that reach beyond our borders, LOs have no jurisdiction abroad. They can only advance Canadian investigations with the approval of foreign authorities.
Posting LOs to strategic locations around the world provides Canada with an international link that is crucial in today's policing environment. It also helps contribute to the safety and security of Canadians here at home.
- Help major Canadian investigative inquiries in foreign countries.
- Maintain the exchange of criminal intelligence between the RCMP and foreign authorities.
- Provide help to foreign agencies in investigations that affect Canada.
- Coordinate and assist RCMP employees travelling abroad on official business.
- Represent the RCMP at international conferences and seminars.
- Help with training and capacity-building initiatives in foreign countries.
Analysts deployed overseas
- Develop and foster partnerships in their region.
- Identify existing criminal issues of mutual concern.
- Generate intelligence relevant to ongoing investigations with a connection to Canada.
- Work in partnership with the LO, international law enforcement agencies and foreign partners.
- Date modified: