Diverse and Inclusive Pre-Cadet Experience
The Diverse and Inclusive Pre-Cadet Experience (DICE) is a new RCMP recruitment & retention initiative focused on removing systemic barriers that impact racialized and underrepresented persons who aspire to join the RCMP.
- Newcomers to Canada (i.e. new Canadian citizens or permanent residents)
- Persons from diverse ethnic and cultural groups
- Members from a visible minority and persons from racialized communities
The program is a three-week training session hosted at the RCMP Academy, Depot Division, in Regina, Saskatchewan.
As a Diverse and Inclusive Pre-Cadet Experience candidate, you'll learn:
- how to work as part of a policing team
- an introduction to the Criminal Code and RCMP policy
- physical fitness and drill
- skills to help prepare you to apply to be a police officer
Once candidates have completed the program there is ongoing support and guidance as they go through the RCMP's police officer application process.
Requirements to apply
- be 19 years of age or older
- recently (within 3 years) immigrated to Canada
- Have permanent resident status in Canada
- Be of good character
- Be able to pass an enhanced reliability security check
- Be in good physical condition
The program costs are covered 100% by the RCMP including travel, uniform, meals and accommodations.
Learn how to apply
To get more information or to learn how to apply, please email the program mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date modified: