The chart below details the three different levels of service each province can choose from for its respective Auxiliary Program.
| ||Tier 1 ||Tier 2 ||Tier 3 |
|Activities || |
- Neighbourhood Watch programs, public education initiatives, non-enforcement support to operations, community fundraising events and participation in parades and public ceremonies.
- Tier 1 Auxiliaries will perform these activities under the general supervision of an RCMP employee and will not be given peace officer status.
- Tier 1 Auxiliaries are expected to contribute a minimum of 60 hours per year to the program including training
- Tier 2 includes all of the activities listed in Tier 1 with the addition of community presence via foot and bicycle, access and traffic control, and disaster assistance. Tier 2 does not include operational patrols.
- Tier 2 Auxiliaries will be under the close supervision of an RCMP regular member.
- Tier 2 Auxiliaries are expected to contribute a minimum of 120 hours per year to the program.
- Tier 3 includes activities from Tier 1 and Tier 2 with the addition of general duty patrol, attending calls, check stops, scene security and searches of persons as directed by a Regular Member.
- Auxiliaries under Tier 3 will be under the direct supervision of an RCMP regular member.
- Tier 3 Auxiliaries are expected to contribute a minimum of 180 hours per year to the program.
|Training || |
- Online RCMP training courses including topics such as crime prevention, conduct, ethics and Auxiliary orientation.
- External courses: Standard First Aid/CPR/AED course.
- All Tier 1 Auxiliary training requirements with additional courses added.
- All Tier 1 and Tier 2 Auxiliary training requirements with additional courses added.
|Uniform || |
- Grey polo shirt
- Blue trouser with no stripe to be worn with a black belt and black ankle boots
- Navy baseball cap/Navy toque (optional)
- Fluorescent 3-in-1 patrol jacket (optional)
- Grey duty shirt
- A high-visibility vest to be worn over the duty shirt at all times
- Blue trouser with no stripe to be worn with a black leather belt and black ankle boots
- Navy baseball cap/Navy toque
- Fluorescent Yellow patrol jacket 3-in-1
- Soft Body Armour
- Duty Gloves
- Slash Resistant Gloves
- Duty Belt and Operational Accessories
- Intervention Options (duty belt, baton, handcuffs, etc.)
- Inclement Weather Trousers
- Bicycle Shirts and Shorts (duty dependent)
- Tier 3 uniform is the same as the Tier 2 uniform.