Access to Information and Privacy
What type of information are you requesting?
Are you looking to access personal information the RCMP has on record about you?
Make a Privacy Act request. There is no cost for these requests.
Are you looking to access any information the RCMP has on record that is not personal in nature, or is personal in nature, but is not about you?
Make an Access to Information Act request. There is a $5 processing fee for each request.
- Obtaining consent: You must obtain the written consent (permission) of any individual whose personal information you are requesting. In the case of a deceased person, you must provide a death certificate.
- Accessing information: Making a request to access information under either act does not guarantee that you will receive all the information or records you have requested. The RCMP takes into account privacy and security considerations, among other elements, when reviewing requests. This may prevent us from releasing certain information.
The RCMP's Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Branch responds to requests made under the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act for information held by the RCMP.
If you have questions about your request or would like more information, please contact us at:
Phone: 1-855-629-5877 or 613-843-6800
- Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
- Access to Information Act
- Privacy Act
- Date modified: