With over 150 different types of operational and administrative opportunities available within the RCMP, you can forget about getting bored or doing the same thing year after year. We can offer you a career full of opportunities for adventure and growth in roles across Canada and around the world.
As a police officer you will receive:
- World renowned police officer training,
- Cadet training allowance, travel to Depot, uniforms, training courses, room and board,
- Competitive salary,
- Excellent pension plan,
- Generous medical, dental and family health plan,
- Access and support of an employee assistance program,
- Group life insurance (optional),
- Vacation leave (3 to 6 weeks depending on number of years served),
- Maternity leave - 93% of the weekly rate of pay for a maximum of 52 weeks,
- Care and nurturing leave of preschool children - maximum of 5 years total in a member's service,
- Part-time employment/job sharing - to address the specific needs of members on a limited time basis,
- Ample opportunities for promotion, professional development, specialization and personal growth,
- Support available for continuing education and development,
- Variety and a dynamic work environment, and
- The reward of making a difference in the community.
When you successfully complete the Cadet Training Program and have been offered employment, you will be hired as a Constable at an annual salary of $49,680. Usually, within 36 months of service, your annual salary will have increased incrementally to $80,498.
The following is the salary scale for the Constable rank:
- Entry: $49,680
- 6 months service: $64,549
- 12 months service: $70,035
- 24 months service: $75,522
- 36 months service: $80,498
Salary ranges for other ranks
- 0 to 5 years of service = 15 days per year
- 5 to 10 years of service = 20 days per year
- 10 to 22 years of service = 25 days per year
- 23+ years of service = 30 days per year
- 20 years service: retirement with penalty
- 25 years service: full pension
- 35 years service: maximum pension
The RCMP has agreements with a number of organizations including municipal police forces for experienced police officer applicants which may allow you to transfer your existing pension to the RCMP Pension Plan.
For more information and questions about whether or not your pension may be transferable, please call 1-800-661-7595 or visit www.pbs-sra.ca and log in as a guest.