The RCMP has established a Human Trafficking National Coordination Centre (HTNCC) at RCMP Headquarters in Ottawa.
The Centre provides a focal point for law enforcement in their efforts to combat and disrupt individuals and criminal organizations involved in Human Trafficking activities.
The HTNCC has five priorities:
- Develop tools, protocols and guidelines to facilitate Human Trafficking investigations.
- Coordinate national awareness/training and anti-trafficking initiatives.
- Identify and maintain lines of communication, identify issues for integrated coordination and provide support
- Develop and maintain international partnerships and coordinate international initiatives.
- Coordinate intelligence and facilitate the dissemination of all sources of information/ intelligence.