Yesterday morning, the Special Enforcement Section of the RCMP/HRP Integrated Criminal Investigation Division, with assistance from the RCMP Emergency Response Team searched a home on Glen Arbour Way and seized a firearm and ammunition.
A man and a woman were arrested inside the home without incident. The woman was later released without charges. Benjamin Thomas Dimock, 27, of Hammonds Plains is charged with:
- Careless Storage of a Firearm
- Unsafe Storage Contrary to Regulations
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing it is Unauthorized
- Three counts Possession of a Firearm Contrary to Court Oder
- Two counts of Fail to Comply with Recognizance
Dimock attended Halifax Provincial Court on December 18 and is scheduled to return to court on December 20 at 9:30 a.m.
The investigation is ongoing.
File # 19-177222