On Friday May 10, 2019, at approximately 6 p.m., the Grande Prairie RCMP Crime Reduction Unit executed a search warrant at a residence located in the City of Grande Prairie, after linking a possible stolen vehicle to the residence. One individual has been charged, and the following items were seized and recovered as a result of the investigation:
- Approximately 32 grams of methamphetamine
- 10 fentanyl tablets
- Approximately 1.5 grams of Fentanyl
- Eight grams of Cocaine
- Two license plates
- A stolen vehicle
- Two Firearms
- Additional weapons
A 35-year-old male of Grande Prairie is facing the following charges:
- Possession of property obtained by crime x 6
- Unsafe storage of a firearm x 2
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking x 3
- Possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose
- Obstruction of a peace officer
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm/ammunition
He remains in custody and scheduled to appear at Grande Prairie provincial court on May 13, 2019.
Grande Prairie RCMP is committed to increasing community safety by using a crime reduction strategy that focuses on identifying repeat offenders, gathering intelligence, and conducting enforcement initiatives.
If you need to report a crime, please contact the Grande Prairie RCMP at 780-830-5700 or your local police. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the "P3 Tips" app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.