On March 28, 2019, Airdrie RCMP Crime Reduction Unit, with the assistance of Alberta Sheriffs, executed a search warrant at a residence in Rocky View County, Alta.
This search resulted in investigators seizing the following:
- Approximately 1.5 kilograms of cocaine, 1 ounce of crack cocaine and fentanyl;
- $5,300 in cash;
- 9 Conducted Energy Weapons, commonly known as TASERs;
- Two handguns and a rifle; and
- A hydraulic press used to press cocaine bricks for trafficking purposes.
Also seized, as proceeds of crime, was a motorcycle, jet ski, and ATV. RCMP will be seeking forfeiture of these items.
A 38-year-old male, of Rocky View County, has been charged with 12 criminal code offences, some of which include:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking (cocaine)
- Possession of a controlled substance (fentanyl)
- Possession of a prohibited weapon (CEW's) for purpose of trafficking
- Possession of proceeds of crime
- Possession of a restricted firearm
- Careless storage of firearm x 3
He has been released from custody and will appear in Airdrie Provincial Court on April 25, 2019.