On August 24, 2018 at approximately 9:00 a.m., members of the North Battleford RCMP General Investigation Section and North Battleford Provost Section arrested a serving prisoner at the Lethbridge Correctional Centre in Alberta in relation to a Break and Enter and Robbery that occurred at a residence north of Edam on January 12, 2018.
The prisoner was transported back to North Battleford and appeared in North Battleford Provincial Court on August 27, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.
Darian Jordan Meesto, (DOB: 1993-10-31), is facing the following charges in relation to this incident:
- Break and enter and commit robbery - Section 348(1)(b) and 344(1)(a.1) of the Criminal Code
- Use a firearm in a careless manner - Section 86(1) of the Criminal Code
- Point a firearm in a careless manner - Section 87 of the Criminal Code
- Discharge a firearm while being reckless - Section 244.2 of the Criminal Code
- Wear a disguise with intent to commit an offence - Section 351(2) of the Criminal Code
- Forcible confinement - Section 279(2) of the Criminal Code
Meesto's next court appearance is on August 29, 2018.
This investigation is ongoing and anyone with information relating to this incident is asked to contact the Turtleford RCMP at 306-845-4520 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).