(HAMILTON – May 17, 2017) – The RCMP is hiring! The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) offers an exceptional career, letting you make a real difference in your community and your country. No other police force in Canada provides the levels of services and variety offered by the RCMP, as well as opportunities for continued learning and growth.
RCMP police officers wear their uniform with pride. They wear it because it stands for justice, honour and protecting those in need. The RCMP has been keeping communities safe since 1873. To do our job, we need police officers from all backgrounds who are physically fit, up for a challenge and ready to make a difference wherever they're posted.
Do you have what it takes to be a police officer? Attend this special career presentation and PARE Workshop to find out more about joining the RCMP. The presentation is a unique opportunity to meet with recruiters and hear real life career experiences from police officers who are proud to wear the RCMP uniform. A recruiting officer will outline the application process, the benefits and rewards of a career in policing, provide advice and answer questions.
After the presentation there will be a demonstration of the Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation (PARE). The PARE is a job related physical ability test. It is designed to simulate a critical incident where a police officer chases, controls and apprehends a suspect. Attendees will learn how to prepare for the PARE as well as have an opportunity to walk through the PARE course, try the push/pull machine and carry the torso bag.
The presentation is on:
Saturday, May 27 at 9 AM
Mohawk College, Justice Fitness Centre
135 Fennel Avenue West, Room C143
The RCMP is looking for people from across the country to join Canada's national police service. If you or someone you know is thinking about becoming a police officer with the RCMP, visit rcmpcareers.ca.
- Be ready for action from the day you graduate: Once you've graduated from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Academy, you immediately start your career in General Duty Policing.
- Over 150 career specializations: After only three years of General Duty Policing, you can explore a vast range of specialized career paths.
- Paid cadet training: Cadets at the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Training Academy receive paid training from their very first day.
- Travel and development opportunities: You will begin your career by working in Canada and may have the opportunity to work abroad in Foreign Missions, or in specializations ranging from Forensics to Cybercrime Intelligence.
"To do our job, we need highly motivated team players who possess strong leadership abilities from a wide range of backgrounds. A uniform with your name on it is waiting for you."
- Constable Brianne Harten, Royal Canadian Mounted Police