Police arrested two people and seized drugs following a vehicle stop on Friday.
Just before 2:00 p.m. on Friday, September 29, the Cumberland County Integrated Street Crime Enforcement Unit, with assistance from the Amherst RCMP and Amherst Police Department, conducted a traffic stop on South Albion Street. A quantity of crack cocaine, cocaine, marihuana, marihuana oil, shatter and prescription pills were seized during a search of the vehicle.
A 32-year-old man and a 29-year-old man, both from Amherst, were arrested as a result of the traffic stop, and face charges of:
- Possession of Cocaine for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of Marihuana for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of Codeine for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of Cannabis Resin for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle
Both men have been released from custody, and will appear in Amherst Provincial Court on November 20, 2017.