Prior to 5 p.m. on August 30, Inverness County District RCMP arrested a 36-year-old man during a traffic stop on Highway 104 in Port Hastings.
During the search of the vehicle a quantity of Dexamphetamine, Codeine, brass knuckles and other drug paraphernalia was seized.
Sean Dale Simon, of Port Hawkesbury, has been charged with the following offences:
- Possession of Codeine for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of Dexamphetmine for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Weapon
- Possession of a Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Three counts of Failure to Comply with Condition of a Recognizance
Simon appeared in Port Hawkesbury Provincial Court on August 31 where he was released on conditions. He will return to Port Hawkesbury Provincial Court on September 25 at 9:30 a.m.