In April 2017, the RCMP Serious Crimes Branch General Investigational Section began an investigation into misappropriated funds from a charity "Whoo's Crew" at the Crossfield Elementary School spanning Oct 2015 - Nov 2016. The investigation determined that a number of charges were supported. Constable Sean Taylor, a member of the RCMP, and Ms. Cori Taylor, of Crossfield, Alberta, have been jointly charged with one count of Sec 355(a) CC Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000. In addition to this charge Cori Taylor has been charged with the following:
- One counts Sec 368(1)(a) CC Uttering a forged document
- One count Sec 380(1)(a) CC Fraud over $5000
- Five counts Sec 380(1)(b) CC Fraud under $5000
- Three counts Sec 367(1) CC Forgery
- One count Sec 362(1)(b) CC False pretenses to obtain credit over $5000
Constable Taylor has been a regular member of the RCMP for 12 years. He has been suspended with pay from duty since June 27, 2017.
Sean and Cori Taylor are set to appear in court on October 26, 2017 in Airdrie, Alberta.
As this matter is before the courts no further details will be provided at this time.