Digby RCMP encourages all motorcycle enthusiasts and riders to make safety a priority as they descend upon Digby this weekend for the 13th Annual Wharf Rat Rally.
"Make sure your visit to Digby is a pleasant one by being safe," says S/Sgt. Dave Chubbs, Digby RCMP. "We are asking motorists to park their vehicles and take advantage of the free shuttle service that is being offered as there will be road restrictions in the Town of Digby during the Rally."
As thousands of motorcycle riders and enthusiasts attend the festivities we ask that you keep the following tips in mind throughout the Wharf Rat Rally:
-Whether you're riding, driving or walking, be aware of the traffic around you. Ensure other motorists see you and know what you are doing.
- If you plan on walking to and from events, wear light-coloured clothing, stay in well-lit areas, and refrain from walking in the middle of the road.
- Obey the rules of the road and respect posted speed limits, as well as the rights of pedestrians and other drivers.
- Do not drink and drive. Ensure you have a designated driver or take advantage of shuttle services offered during the Rally.
- Exercise patience when driving in and around the downtown area. The downtown core of Digby will be closed to local traffic, and parking will be limited.
- Give yourself lots of extra time to get to where you are going.
- When parking your cars or motorcycles, please keep valuables out of sight.
The RCMP wishes everyone a fun and safe weekend!
For more information on the event visit www.wharfratrally.com.