All the arrangements regarding the regimental funeral for Constable Richer Dubuc have been finalized. RCMP partners, the general public and the media are invited to refer to Constable Richer Dubuc's commemorative page for all details.
- Date: Saturday, March 18, 2017
- Time: 3:00 p.m.
- Location: Hangar HD-4, Canadian Forces Base St-Jean Garrison (25 chemin Grand-Bernier Sud, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec)
- Parking: Available on site
The funeral will be preceded by a procession of RCMP members in uniform, joined by several other police agencies and first responders. The procession will start at 1:30 p.m. Members of police departments, law enforcement agencies and partner agencies wishing to attend Cst. Richer Dubuc's funeral are invited to complete this form.
The muster point for all the participants marching in the procession is the St-Jean Garrison on March 18 at 12:00 p.m.
Funeral procession schedule and route
- 12:00 – 12:30 p.m.: Arrival of marchers in the procession.
- 1:00 p.m.: Mustering of marchers in the procession.
- 1:30 p.m.: Departure of the procession from the St-Jean Garrison entrance (25 Grand-Bernier South) to hangar HD-4.
- 2:20 p.m.: Arrival of the procession at hangar HD-4, where the Regimental Funeral is to be held.
- 2:40 p.m.: Seating of final marchers in the procession.
- 3:00 p.m.: Start of the ceremony with the solemn presentation of the Guidon.
The road closure includes: Grand-Bernier Road South, Carrières Street, La Salle Street, Gouin Boulevard and Airport Road. The public is asked to plan ahead and be patient. The road closure is for the safety of the participants in the procession and the attending public. We apologize for any inconvenience this road closure may cause. Please see notice.
Visitation for Constable Richer Dubuc has been scheduled in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu at Complexe funéraire LeSieur et frère on Thursday, March 16, 2017. The family and friends may pay their respects from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Emergency services personnel and friends may pay their respects between 7 p.m. and 10 p.m..
The RCMP is very grateful for the wide public support and the many condolence messages received. It is not too late to send your condolences to the family at RCMP.condolences-Condoleances.GRC@rcmp-grc.gc.ca. Some of the condolences to the family will be posted on this site. If you prefer that we do not post yours or if you would like us to sign yours as anonymous, please indicate so in the email. Thank you.
For those wishing to make a donation, please visit the RCMP Foundation's Website. Please note that donations are not tax deductible.
For more information
For more information on the day's agenda, please contact the Coordination Centre at 514-939-8432.