Today and tomorrow, our officers from the Central St. Lawrence Valley Detachment and their partners will be conducting high-visibility patrols along the Cornwall-Valleyfield corridor in an effort to:
- promote border security;
- raise public awareness about the smuggling of tobacco, drugs and firearms;
- disrupt the illegal activities of criminal organizations operating in the area.
The operation will be an opportunity for our members to inform local residents, seek their cooperation and answer their questions.
On the Canadian side, our members will patrol the border with officers from:
- the Sûreté du Québec (SQ);
- the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP);
- the RCMP Cornwall Detachment;
- the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).
On the American side, patrols will be conducted by the United States Border Patrol and Customs Border Patrol.
As always, these agencies work in close partnership to fight the introduction of illicit goods into Canada.
The operation will be carried out at different times over the course of these two days. No traffic disruptions are expected. Police are seeking the cooperation of motorists to ensure the safety of all those involved.
Police are present to fight effectively against smuggling operations. If you have information about the illicit activities of specific individuals or groups of individuals, contact our investigators at 450-377-3223. Information provided is confidential.