List of Acts
Access to the full text of federal Acts and regulations is provided by the Department of Justice Canada, which is responsible for maintaining the consolidated statutes of Canada. Please read the important note from the Department of Justice Canada.
- Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
Responsibility of the Minister of Health. However, under ss. 55(2) the Governor in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, may make regulations that pertain to investigations and other law enforcement activities conducted under this Act by a member of a police force and other persons acting under the direction and control of a member and, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, may make regulations pertaining to law enforcement).
- Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act (S.C. 1998, c.34)
- Criminal Records Act
- DNA Identification Act
- Firearms Act
- Identification of Criminals Act
- Integrated Cross-border Law Enforcement Operations Act (S.C. 2012, c.19, s. 368)
- Investment Canada Act
Responsibility of the Minister of Industry. However, under ss. 25.3(1) of the Act, an investment is reviewable under PartIV.1 if the Minister of Industry, after consultation with the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, considers that the investment could be injurious to national security, and the Governor in Council, on the recommendations of the Minister, makes an order within the prescribed period for the review of investment.
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police Superannuation Act
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police Pension Continuation Act
- Security Offences Act
- Sex Offender Information Registration Act
- Witness Protection Program Act
For more information
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- The Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- The Canada–United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
- Date modified: