Experienced police officers
The November 2017 Experienced Police Officer troop has been cancelled.
We are now accepting applications for the September/October 2018 Experienced Police Officer troop.
Application deadline: May 31st, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST). Any applications received after this deadline may not be processed in time for the September/October 2018 start date.
We regularly seek experienced police officers (including Canadian Forces Military Police trained after the year 2000) for vacancies across Canada.
- A five-week, learning and orientation program for experienced Canadian police officers.
- Held at the RCMP Training Academy (Depot) in Regina, Saskatchewan.
- Upon entry into the program, you will be hired at the rank of Constable and appointed a peace officer by a commissioned officer.
- Graduated from a Canadian police training institution and have a minimum of two years Canadian police experience;
- Must complete the Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation in 4:00 minutes or less; and,
- Meet the qualifications and requirements expected of all applicants.
How to apply
- Career Presentation (optional);
- Submit Cover Letter and Structured Resume and Police Experience to your provincial recruiting office.
- Resumés will be reviewed to confirm that all criteria has been included.
- Candidates that are identified to be further processed will be notified in writing.
- Obtain a posting:
- Through consultation with Career Development and Resourcing, your posting will be determined prior to engagement.
- Successful applicants are not guaranteed a posting within their province of origin.
The selection process
- Selection package
- Experienced police officers will be required to also complete the Regular Member Applicant Questionnaire;
- Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation (PARE)
- Experienced police officer applicants must complete the PARE in 4:00 minutes or less;
- Pre-Employment Polygraph Interview and Examination;
- Field Investigation and Security Clearance;
- Health assessment
- A full health assessment, including full medical and psychological exams will be conducted by RCMP designated physicians. Cost of medical and psychological exams are absorbed by the RCMP.
- Hiring and training.
- Note: Serving police officers must resign from their current police service/agency before they can be hired and attend training.
Upon engagement, you will be paid a salary ranging from $50,674 to $82,108 depending on your law enforcement experience and training.
Benefits and pension
You will receive the same competitive benefits and pension as all RCMP police officers. Please note that the RCMP is unable to provide pension estimates related to transfer of pension from your current police service/agency. We recommend you discuss your existing pension options with your current employer.
- Date modified: